Monday, August 30, 2010

The Glen Beck Miracle

Glen Beck promised all his followers a miracle on Saturday at his march on Washington, or whatever he called it. (I can't stand to listen to him for very long.) In all the commentary following the event, I heard a lot of head-scratching about just what the so-called miracle was.

I think I figured it out.

Those well-versed in Christianity will understand the reference if I call it a "loaves-and-fishes" kind of miracle. And hey, if you don't, look it up, if for no other reason than it being a cultural reference, if not for being (your) religious one.

How it works is this. The aerial photos and neutral observers/counters put the crowd at about 87,000. Impressive actually. However, the miracle was that he expanded that number to 750,000 when talking about it this morning on his radio show!

No comments: