Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Groundhog Day

Loved the movie. The first three times. Then it got too Groundhog Day.

 The real thing always puzzled me, growing up in northern Minnesota. Six more weeks of winter was supposed to be a bad thing, when the groundhog saw its shadow. If winter really ended around St. Paddy's Day, that would have been fantastic! Instead it lingers here for at least another month. I have clear memories of a white-out snowstorm back in the early '80s on April 15th. The reason I know the date was that my taxes were unfinished and I took them to work with me, hoping to find the time there. Instead I sat in the freeway center median where my car stopped and hung up on snow banks after hitting a patch of ice where everybody in front of me was spinning out. I missed all of them, but got stuck. I had about an hour to finish my taxes before help came. But like I said, I loved the movie. Only thing is, after yesterday, I want a do-over too!

No comments: