Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Car Update

The claims adjuster will be out tomorrow. Either 7:30-9:30 AM as I requested, or 2:30 like my dad thought the recorded message said when they called the home phone despite my request to only call my cell and talk to me. Whatever. I'm not waiting around. Rich will be here to handle him/her whenever it is. I'll be working in the cold car, the one that still has lights and steering and no big gaping holes and blue and brown puddles underneath.

My friend Lynn called me on her way home from work: "I saw where you hit your deer!" She didn't see the deer, just the debris from the car. It seems it's a notorious deer crossing corridor. She knows personally of two other car-deer accidents within feet of the site.

She had her own tale, one we could feel free to laugh at because it didn't involve her truck, just her neighborhood. About 6 miles south of Grantsburg, WI, along Hwy. 87 near the Fish Lake Wildlife Refuge, sombody hit a deer that then laid on the shoulder of the road and froze. With the next snowfall, the plow came along with enough speed to kick up the carcass and toss it into the snow piled in the ditch - standing up! So there it stands, a bit battered and bent, but if you don't look close, looking ready to step out and attack another car.

Motorists beware.

No comments: