Friday, March 26, 2010

Updates

Jordan got her confirmation email for her trip. The plans changed significantly since she first called me to sit down and discuss the trust. Then she wanted to go to Fiji. Once the catalogue of options arrived, she made and remade and re-remade her plans. Now she's heading to Thailand, first to do a service project taking care of (and riding!) elephants, and second island hopping and diving on the coast. After that she flies to Cambodia to do a service project working with children in an orphanage, and another one in the (same) water village where the orphanage is located. Once she pays for that plus domestic airfare to LAX, plus gets a bit of spending money to tide her over for those six weeks, the trust will be spent. I'll file a petition for dissolution and my part in being a trustee will be over.

I've found a car painter, a local guy both my sons know. Now it's a matter of figuring out how to schedule everything so I can still have transportation for work. It'll take 4 days, and he'll quote me a price after he actually sees the car. I assume he needs to know just how awful the job of masking off the windows and trim is going to be and gets verification my car is as small as I say it is. Seems fair. Rich knows the guy from working the auctions when they first were happening, well before I got interested, let alone involved. In fact, he used to have my job there: clerking. Paul knows him, now, because Bambi tried to kill his car too, not too long ago. Most of the damage was confined to a passenger door that didn't want to open more than 6". It got pulled/straightened/whatever for a whopping $20.

The price of gold dropped last week, and rose again yesterday. I'm keeping track. Tomorrow I'm selling several coins at the auction. I picked them up a few years ago when they were cheaper. My optimism that the economy is actually recovering leads me to think that gold prices will be dropping again in the not-too-distant future. So, time to cross my fingers and sell them now. Especially since I broke two teeth in the last month. One was today, contributing further to my lousy day at work. I was planning to pay down my Master Card, but now I think the dentist will benefit instead.

Heather's Law of Broken Teeth: The hole left behind in your teeth will always be three times bigger than the piece that just fell out.

No comments: