Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Minor Driving Incident

Today I pulled up to an intersection and stopped to wait for the light to change to green. I noticed the car driver behind me trying to wave me forward. I wondered what the heck he thought he wanted? I hadn't missed the light changing (quick double-check), it wasn't an emergency vehicle, and I was nose up to the crosswalk, just where I thought I should be. I mentally dismissed him.

Then I saw he was opening his car door and heading towards me. Oh oh, lock the door and crack the window. "Say, can you move your car up so I can make my right turn?"

Yeah, like right turns are a right and/or a mandate on a red light. There just wasn't any excess room in this tiny lane.

As he turned back to his car, I noticed my light turn green and called out, "Sure thing," to his back as I proceeded through the intersection. I believe he got back into his car in time to make it through on the green. I doubt he had time to buckle, however.

Moron!

No comments: