Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Year End Haiku

I follow Rude Pundit on Blogspot. He's not for everybody. If I choose to read Steve a particularly salient point he makes, it often means I censor vulgarities in the process. It's why he's Rude. But there are a couple traditions he's established around this time of year. One is showing pictures of creche setups which he finds bizarre, often creepy, like bears, or Veggie Tales. 

His second tradition, this one for the new year, is to first write haikus about what happened in the ending year, then publishing submissions - of his choice - from those submitted by his followers. For the last three years, I've sent in a few. It's been an interesting exercise for somebody who demonstrates with every posting that brevity is not my forte. I thought I'd share what I sent this year:

We back off six feet
Giving a wave, not a hug
This year must end soon!
 
*   *   *

The Donald has stuck
To all of us.Will he not
Ever wash away?
 
*   *    *

Choose which misery:
Stay home in my bubble, or
Put the bra back on?


No comments: