Monday, December 21, 2020

A Little Argument

Rich and I were at WalMart this afternoon. He was helping me swap out our empty propane tank for a full one. The menu for Christmas is steaks. Of course the parking lot was jammed full so I had to park way out from the store while he ran into the store, paid for the swap, ran back to the car for the empty, and then called me to come pick him and the tank up once the attendant outside had done the exchange.

To pick him up, I came through the parking lot up to the lane in front of the store, where the plan was to turn left and proceed to where Rich was. That lane was jammed too, with all kinds of pedestrians crossing between me and Rich, backing cars up. This included those ahead of me trying to get out of the lane I was in and accessing the main lane. So I had plenty of time to observe while I waited.

While I was approaching my turn, an elderly gentleman (benefit of the doubt) who'd nearly fully crossed in front of me, then spotting some other elderly gentleman he appeared to know, crossed back again to hold a conversation with him, just enough out of my half of the lane so I could approach my turn safely for all of us. It was about 75 out, so windows were down. The men were loud enough to catch some of the conversation.

I could tell it was a disagreement about the Presidency and who really won the election, though I wasn't close enough for long enough, and able to pull part of my attention from traffic long enough to figure out who was on which side. But I clearly heard what one considered the clinching of the argument. "Well, so why then is he sending out all those printed" (emphasis his) "invitations to the inauguration?"

I'm not sure who was taking which side, but an internet search couldn't pull up anything about tRump sending out printed invitations to a faux inauguration so I'm thinking the questioner was working to convince the other  that yes, Biden did indeed win.

Yeah, it's still necessary.

Gotta wonder for how long? And how future generations are going to judge?


No comments: