Saturday, September 12, 2020

"Sing Gently"

This is for all of you who didn't get the email I sent. Or those who did  and then lost the link. It's also for me so I never lose this link:

This is Eric Whitacre's "Sing Gently". It is performed by his Virtual choir #6. 17,572 singers from 129 countries come together to perform it. I've included the lyrics because this song is not only hauntingly beautiful but is sung so gently they may be hard to make out. I hope you find it as beautiful and peaceful as I do. Note each dot on the screen is an individual person singing.





May we sing together, always.
May our voice be soft.
May our singing be music for others
and may it keep others aloft.

Sing gently, always.
Sing gently as one.

May we stand together, always.
May our voice be strong.
May we hear the singing and
May we always sing along.

Sing gently, always.
Sing gently as one.

            – Eric Whitacre

No comments: