Tuesday, November 12, 2019

So... Answers

Swimming: The 10-year-old "new" swimsuit fits just fine, thanks. Turns out I didn't need to rely on ancient memories to verify the suit was still new. When I peeled it off afterwards, I found that little strip of "protective" paper attached in the crotch. Uhhh... oops? The old stretched-out black thing is decorating a landfill, and the other overly-busted one can hang around waiting for the ambition to alter it... perhaps a few years hence.

Meds:  The one I'm being switched to will replace the Warfarin. They work by different means, and this particular one is best for after the Watchman is completely encapsulated. OK, I'll go for that, for the 4 months needed.

The one that shouldn't be needed now that the atrial ablation is preventing A-fib episodes (so far), actually is needed for six months after that surgery. So, just a bit longer. Oh wait, I checked the dates and it's already been 6 months!!! Yee-haaa. So keep tapering off till this bottle is empty.  : )  Shortly, two fewer meds to take. I welcome that day, not that I don't believe in the benefits of most medications, but after reading that long-term studies show that beta blockers actually seem to cause cardiac issues, I tend to go for fewer pills making better pills.

I had that chat with my regular cardiac lady, the one with the patience to answer questions and explain things, as well as work with me to adjust what is needed. I'm sure it never hurts to drop off the latest wonderful recipe, including a sample of the cookies it makes for the whole staff to sample. I had to make them - OK, I chose to, for yesterday's pot luck for the monthly club membership meeting. With 87 or so desserts to chose from, and most members taking only 3 or 4 varieties, there were leftovers. It's seemed an easy choice for them. Anyway, cardiology always acts happy to see me.

This will be shorter than my usual. I'm dragging Steve to the pool this afternoon to start his pool walking. I've tried the indoor pool, and with cooler temperatures somewhere around the corner, aka low 80s, breezes get chilly fast. We can stick with this pool till heat returns.

No comments: