Thursday, December 23, 2010

Settling Down

I hope!

It's been two nights now, and I've been getting better sleep, progressively.

The first night, he was still hallucinating - loudly - for a couple hours after I went to bed. Somebody was having a party in his room and wouldn't give him any wine. He was yelling at them, finally challenging them that they really didn't have any anyway. Silence finally descended, holding until 2:00 AM.

"Help!"

I arrived to find him half in, half out of bed. He couldn't go either direction. (Thank goodness - and good drugs!) He'd been trying to get across the room to get the clocks to stop ticking. They were too loud. I got him back in and tucked in for the rest of the night.

Last night was peaceful all the way through. Of course, he slept nearly all the day through yesterday as well. I'm wondering about backing off on his dosages, but we'll hold off on that thought, see how he does today. It's time to go wake him.

No comments: