Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Cave

I crouch here in the blackness of my cave.
I crawled in here alone
With just a tiny push:
What it was, it does not matter.
I am here.
I dwell in darkness, looking out.
There is a tiny piece of light
And should I look that way
I see feet passing
But none stopping at the trail I left,
No one stooping, looking in
To see if I survive
The nastiness of my surroundings,
The bleakness in the black pit of my mind.
Movement --
Crying out --
They both elude me.
I huddle with my back against the wall.
But some day that wall
Will open up
Behind me,
Open up the blackness of
Forever.
Please, don't leave me here.
Somebody, care:
Reach in a hand
When I can't reach one out.
Don't leave me here.


* * * * *
Luckily for me, that was a long time ago, and a lot has changed.

But I still remember.

No comments: