Wednesday, May 5, 2010

And More Timericks

It seems I can't write just one. Or two. Especially when some significant news comes down from the state supreme court on Pawlenty's favorite tactic for settling budget issues without having to actually talk with the legislature. But that's not the only issue.

Two Governors tour with their speeches.
The job they both covet a peach is.
Both rail against taxes
And hope support waxes.
Will the winner wear skirts or wear breeches?

Unallotment became Timmy's tool.
"I'll not compromise," he said, so cool.
"I'll just slash here and there
At whatever I care.
Lookie here: I'll just start with this school."

His authority Timmy exceeded
When the budget to balance he needed.
He'd never raise taxes
So brought out his axes
And he chopped, yes he chopped with such glee did.

Unallotment was Timothy's tool,
He who righteously used one-man-rule.
The court said, "Oh no,
You can't budget so!"
Making Timothy look like a fool.

The decision our Timmy protested.
But the court it does seem has him bested.
Now our Tim he did pout
But that so wore him out
At the Twins game that day Timmy rested.



I think I'm getting addicted.

No comments: