Wednesday, April 12, 2023

A Visit To The Doc

There was one big thing notable about this visit.  On the surface it was ordinary,  just a review of my lab results and checking if my meds are still the right ones. There was one change, going from one that had greatly increased in price to an identical one much cheaper. No health implications aside from the budget's. There were a couple referrals written up, more people to see before we head north. Nothing unusual, nothing worrying.

However, in my experience, this is still the only clinic to still require masks of all people on the premises. People walk in unmasked and look surprised that an actual medical facility requires precautions against a virus which is still killing so many of us, just no longer making headlines. One of the two boxes of surgical masks on the counter where patients sign in is pointed at when bare faces are present. No mask, no appointment. No fooling.

Frankly, it's a relief. I'm getting one test postponed over 4 months because that clinic is backed up from covid: staff shortages. They didn't explain whether it was illness in their personnel, deaths in personnel, or flat-out burnout. But I noted while in that office I was the only person wearing a mask.

Cognitive dissonance, much?

I just hope when it's my turn for my procedure, they exercise better judgment than that. In all ways.

No comments: