Saturday, January 7, 2023

So What Are Your Favorite Things?

I was recently on a different blog online and a question thrown out there was "What are  your favorite things?" The model came out of "Sound of Music", recently on TV for the holidays. Maria is soothing the children during a thunderstorm by distracting them to think of things they really like instead. Replies online listed multiple items each, in all sorts of categories. So of course it got me thinking. In about three minutes I whipped out a list. Knowing me, and given more time, I'm sure it could have gotten much longer. But I had a bug, and there was lots of TV to watch, and club responsibilities increasing with the change in calendar. Thus there was a stopping point, and I'm fine with that.  So here's my list:

that silky spot my dog likes scratched
sitting in a drifting canoe watching eagles, deer, fish jumping
reflections of fall colors in the water
photography
going through favorite old photos
watching a baby learning to smile, to walk, to hug
that pat on my fanny as I pass my husband in the hall                           hearing anybody’s baby laugh
everything Beethoven
a family backyard bonfire roasting brats, marshmallows
the next good book
a phone call from my children
watching backyard birds
sandhill cranes calling as they come in for an evening landing
having escaped snow and ice
mountains with elk
sunsets, sunrises, and thunderstorms
seeing art glass emerge from a kiln looking like I imagined
wrapping presents
writing whatever I want to when I need to
seeing a new flower bloom
hummingbirds.

What's on your list?

No comments: