Monday, July 13, 2020

A Little More Sucess, A Little Less

The last post was about my first octopus agave taking a week to sprout a root, sitting in a small cup of water. Saturday's babies seem a bit more impatient. Five of the bunch sprung their first root in two days, noted when I topped their water up this morning. I've already received requests for 9 of them, plus two more people plan to stop by and pluck their own.

By the time that Rootone I ordered actually shows up at the door, it'll be completely redundant. Glad it was cheap.

The paint and diatomaceous earth arrived today, so Rich will be getting busy pretty soon on our last ditch bedbug remedies. Steve and I can get our rooms back. Too many nights of 3-4 hours sleep gets old fast. In the meantime, I've gotten totally discouraged about our ability to rid my recliner of the pests. Spraying, heating up in the car in the sun, sitting in a closed room with No Pest Strips, and steaming the chair have all simply reduced the pest population, all of which seem to find me particularly delicious. So today I went out and bought a replacement.

It's another La-Z-Boy, nearly identical fabric, and short enough from the back of the knee to the back of the chair that my back is supported when I sit in it. All of those things matter to me. Even better, this one is a wall hugger, rather than a rocker - recliner, and has feet instead of a pair of flat bars on the bottom. This means that it won't slide all over the rug, leaving indelible tracks / grooves in the pile. With those little square rubber carpet protectors under the feet, it will be even be more stable and carpet friendly.

I hope.

Meanwhile  as soon as the new one is delivered, the old one goes to the curb. If nobody is foolish enough to pick up a chair sitting out by the garbage can from somebody they have no clue about and no obvious reason for its disposal, I'll have a chat with our garbage company about a price to haul it away. So far the only things curbside which haven't been removed by volunteers were a pair of broken wicker chairs. Mattresses and box springs don't seem to have an issue finding a new home, nor old rolled up rugs and whatever else I've forgotten about over the last 8 years.

Caveat emptor.

1 comment:

smiling steve said...

do not worry about the cost of getting it hauled away, I will buy the garbage crew a case of dos equis !!