Friday, December 21, 2012

If the World Ends...

12-21-12. The end of the ancient Mayan calender. Some drama queen somewhere decided that meant they knew the world would end today. I choose not to go along with that idea. Some scribe back then just decided a distant ancestor could carry on his work: he'd gotten arthritis in his hands and needed to retire. I attest that the end-of-the-world concept has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I haven't made the latest payment on my credit card yet. Honest! I'm waiting for another bill to come in first. Once that's paid, the balance minus a bitty cushion will go on the card.

But there is a segment out there who believe that not only is the end of the world coming soon, they need to stock up on guns and ammo to prepare for it. I have a question for them: if the world is really ending, then what do you need those guns for?

It's over. This means you too. He who dies with the most guns is still dead.

No comments: