Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Walmart's Failure To Deliver... Squared

Steve loves Brisk. I can't see why, but it's his taste preference, his to choose. It's been on sale here and there lately. It's just been a problem getting it.

First was Fry's. Steve ordered a bunch of 2 liter bottles for us to pick up from the store. The ad price did not give a limit. But you had to buy 5 to get 5 more free! He placed his order, we drove to the store to pick it up. Just a few bottles were available. While a disappointment, they immediately discounted the charge so he only paid for what he got.  No real problem. We could return. The carry-out person informed us of likely days when the trucks came in.

A few days later, in the next store sale cycle, the same offer was published, so we repeated trying to get enough to stock up nicely on. Same low amount of stock available, explained as being high demand, and again, lowered the charge on his order before we drove away. So again, not an actual problem. We still had time to keep trying.

Then I needed to order some things I wasn't finding anywhere else, and decided to use Walmart's online ordering. If you order $35 worth of anything, it can be delivered to your door with no shipping charge. It may take a day or three, but they let you know when you place your order. They also have their drivers snap a photo of the goods outside your door. 

Seems pretty foolproof, doesn't it?

About a week and a half ago now they had a deal on Brisk. Theirs wasn't on the 2 liter bottles that Fry's had, but a case of 24 cans. I ordered three, enough to push our total order price to double the minimum for free delivery. Steve would drink it quickly enough. When I got the email photo of the package outside our front door, it was our door, alright, and a package was sitting there, but it had no Brisk cases with it. Just some plastic hangers and a couple other things. I immediately put in an online complaint, since the order claimed to have been completed. The slow reply was that I'd get a refund, even though I requested getting the three cases of Brisk instead. I'd checked online and they were still listed as available and at the sale price. The free delivery is earned on the total price of what you order at one time, not how many tries it takes to bring it to you.

Since they insisted on refund as their solution, I went ahead the next day and placed a second order of Brisk, again, still at the sale price. This time it was for 4 cases, instead of three. I decided since I was getting a refund, supposedly, I could afford to add one more into the order. This time we made sure to be outside when the Walmart truck drove up. Rich was out front doing some work, and also keeping an eye out with me. 

The side door slid back. The driver rummaged around, put one case next to the door, then a second case by the door, then hopped out.

What? Two cases?

When he reached us I asked if he was going back for our other two. Four at once without a hand cart would be a heavy load, after all. He just looked at me and said he'd only been given two to deliver. He suggested maybe the others were coming from a separate store. They will send from wherever your ordered goods are in stock at the moment. But evening came. No additional driver did. So I wrote another complaint to Walmart, this time a bit more teed-off than the day before. I was given another email reply: sorry, refund.

By this time we'd ordered 7 cases, gotten two, but paid for 7. The Brisk was STILL advertised online and at the lower price. WTF!!!

I've been waiting 11 days now, since this started the 26th. I check my credit card statement twice daily, seeing if anything has come in since. You read my title, right? So you know the answer to that. Tonight I sent them another pair of bad feedback reviews, since they claim those are of value to them. So far they've been of no value to me! It was time to go a little more public.

I'll let you know what - if anything - happens to correct the problem. Meantime Steve went back to Fry's and picked up some more bottles of Brisk there, before their sale ended yesterday. I'd still rather get our order filled instead of a refund, but WallyWorld needs to get off their asses and make good one way or another! I will get louder and LOUDER until they do!

Trust me!

No comments: