Friday, August 5, 2022

Product Review: Second Attempt

Amazon emailed me that my first attempt at a review of their product was unacceptable. Those of you who read my emails will find this familiar from the long version, but I'll keep it simple here. I ordered a daylily, something I've done several times over the years, always with success, even though there have been variations in size and price. The variation this time was extreme, as in a totally crushed box with a deceased plant inside. Had it died in transit some part of it would have still been green, but it was grey, shriveled, and crumbly. So I had something to say.

First, one star, since you can't submit a review with zero, much as some of us would like to. Then:

Do not buy from these people!           I have ordered daylilies from other shippers with excellent results but this flimsy box was completely scrunched when I opened the mailbox. No packing material inside or moisture-holding material around the plants, just a thin strip of kitchen plastic wrap holding it..."

I apologize that I didn't independently copy what I wrote before shooting it off. I would have liked the full copy since they rejected it. But I detailed why it was dead before shipping, and suggested they delist this product/company. Amazon wasn't happy, but the refund was instantaneous, suggesting that they'd had this complaint with this company before. (I did an online search - after my purchase of course - and found they had no reviews from a quick Google company check worldwide, but lots of complaints. One even came with a warning bar over the product.) I didn't even have to return the dead plant in the crumpled box, nor go out and buy another box, etc. 

Amazon had suggestions on how to write a review. Things like obscene language didn't apply in my case, but I took one to heart.

"Your review should focus on specific features of the product and your experience with it."

OK, I can do that.

Summary/title:  Useful.

Stars: 2. (After all I claimed it was useful, right?)

Description: "This product was shipped promptly, and will make a great addition to my mulch pile, as the dead and crumbly part of it has already been accomplished. I'm sure many of my other plants will benefit from it for weeks to come." 

I'd love to see THAT get past their censors.

 

 

No comments: