Saturday, June 13, 2015

Fishing Stories

Steve goes fishing a lot, now that it's the season. I don't, so I get treated to a lot of his fish tales.

A whole lot.

It's not that I don't believe them. Steve's not the kind to tell tales. If he says a fish was a foot long, I believe it was fully twelve inches long.

However...

I think old age has damaged his elbows, possibly the tendons. Maybe something else in there, but I don't have the medical expertise to make that kind of diagnosis. But when he says a foot, he spreads his hands to show how big he means, and he can never seem to bring his hands quite that close together. From my vantage point, they tend to waver between 16 and 18 inches apart. If he can manage to bring them to 12 inches apart, it's because he was trying to show me what the 7 inch fish looked like.

He has stated emphatically and repeatedly that he doesn't want any more surgeries, especially including any more knee replacements. Thus I doubt there will be a forthcoming cure for this elbow condition. On the plus side, it doesn't seem to be painful for him, or bothersome in any other ways.

I only mention all this as an introduction to his aim to collect his long history of fishing stories on a new blog.  His first tale is posted, and you can view it, and future tales, here:  http://smiling-steve.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!

No comments: