Monday, February 7, 2011

Correction

OK, so maybe not the chicken.

Whatever the bug was, Paul had it later the same weekend. Steve asked me on Monday how he could have caught it over the phone, since we hadn't seen each other inside of any reasonable incubation period. Neither of them had my chicken. And my dad's home health aids report several of their other patients have had it as well.

My daughter says her friends think there's some kind of Norwalk virus circulating.

Whatever it is, however it's spread, at least my dad and Richard missed it. I'll quit being amused by Richard's spraying Lysol over every bathroom surface for several days and just be grateful for his diligence.

I came down with it on a Thursday, with overt symptoms lasting over 24 hours, finally clearing up with judicious applications of Immodium AD. I felt like a limp dishrag with little appetite through the weekend, catching up on a lot of sleep. Monday I returned to work, not sure if I'd make a whole day, though I did last nearly till 5. I finally feel now back to some kind of normal energy level, even after having worked Saturday (auction) and driven out to Steve's and back on Sunday, a grand total of 310 weekend miles.

Oh, and Friday night I went back to KFC. Hotwings, Yummmmm!

No comments: